How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Fort Story Family Homes! We look forward to welcoming you to your new home and want to make sure the application and leasing process is as convenient and efficient as possible. Fort Story Family Homes serves as the on-base housing community for active duty Army families assigned to Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story.
Active Duty Military Applicants
Active duty families assigned to Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story can get an application started to live at Fort Story Family Homes in a variety of ways:
We work together with our Military Housing Partner at the installation to seamlessly manage your application and leasing process. As part of the application process you will need to provide the following documentation:
- Housing Application
- LES Statement
- DD1172 DEERS Enrollment
- Copy of Stamped Orders (provide upon arrival)
A completed housing application is required in order to be placed on the wait list. Other documentation may be required depending on your situation, including a copy of current PCS orders. To accept a home, the Service Member must be signed in at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story and present confirmation of clearing previous duty station (form DA31).
If this is your first permanent duty station, you will need to provide a copy of your orders from Basic Training and AIT in order to determine your eligibility date. Your eligibility date is determined according to the following criteria:
- If you are PCSing and are within the 30-day window, your eligibility date is the day you left your previous duty station (as verified by clearing papers)
- If you do not apply within the 30-day window, your eligibility date is the date of your application.
- If you are coming from an unaccompanied tour (e.g. Korea), your eligibility date is the date you departed your previous duty station for the unaccompanied tour, with a maximum credit of 14 months
- If this is your first duty station as a married Service Member, your eligibility date is your date of entry into the military. If you were married after entering the military, your eligibility date is the date you were married.